Saturday, July 4, 2009

Two Thinking of You Cards


This pretty card was made for an online friend in my Yahoo group, The Potter's Garden. I started with white cardstock, added a layer of a pretty pastel stripe print called Wedding Stripes by SandyLion, then layers of colored cardstocks to match. I used a new punch I'd gotten at Jo-Ann's to punch the lattice corners on the light green cardstock. I rather like the look that punch gives. I also rounded the opposite corners with my corner-rounder punch. I added two pearlized mini-brads in the corners of the light green cardstock and a matted computer-printed sentiment tag, which I lightly colored with colored pencils to match the background paper. Not too difficult, but attractive, I thought.


This card was hard to part with, being made with my favorite color, blue. I started with a white cardstock base, but covered it completely with my other papers. The blue & green dotted paper at the bottom came from the big Summer Stack by DCWV that I got on sale recently at Jo-Ann's; I've picked up two different Stacks by DCWV now--love their papers! And sales help! (Right now Jo-Ann's has all the Stacks priced at 40% off through tomorrow, but I've determined to be good and NOT make the hour trip to town to pick up any more; my sweetheart thinks I already have WAY more than enough paper as it is, but those sales are really hard to resist and no one can ever have TOO much paper, can she?) The blue/green/white splattered print at the top is a digital background tile from EverydayIcons, another of my favorite prints. Then there's a strip of white cardstock border-punched with the Martha Stewart doily pattern punch and with blue gel pen dots. The solid blue layer is another digital print from ScrapbookScrapbook.com to which I added faux stitching with the gel pen. I stamped the "thinking of you" sentiment on a piece of matching blue cardstock (from my scrap bag), rounded off the two opposite corners with my corner-rounder punch and added some gel pen highlights to the image. And there you have it...

No comments:

Post a Comment