Sunday, July 26, 2009

Catching Up On July's Cards

It's amazing, isn't it, how quickly time can get away from us? July has been busy with gardening. In between planting and weeding (of which I still have more to do), I have managed to make some cards. So let me bring you up to date on the cards I've made...

This pretty card was made for an online friend. I used two different blue cardstocks. The dotted background paper and the plaid background paper are from ScrapbookScrapbook.com. I used my Martha Stewart border punch to make the white doily edging. The "hello Firiend" floral image is stamped and colored with markers; I'm liking the BIC Mark-It permanent markers a lot and just got a new set of 36 of them for less than $16 at Shopko. I rounded the corners of the layered stamped image and inked the edges. Floral brads add the finishing touch.


This card was also made for an online friend and is one of those cards that's a favorite of mine. I started with a light blue cardstock, added a layer of faux corrugated paper from ScrapbookScrapbook.com, then a layer of a digital paper I printed out using a background tile, with the edge torn and inked, a shaped layer of cardstock with edges inked, a shaped layer of scrapbooking paper from DCWV with edges inked, and in the center a butterfly print from a page of German decoupage designs. I added two square mini-brads set on point and a stamped sentiment in the lower right hand corner, then inked the card edges.


I like this card a lot, too, even though it was really quick and easy to make. I started with a brown cardstock, added a layer of scrapbooking paper, a Creating Keepsakes design from Sandy Lion, and a mauve shaped bit of cardstock matted behind a simple stamped sentiment plus the flower, both of which have inked edges. I rounded the corners with my corner-rounder punch and I colored the stamped flower with a colored pencil. I also lightly colored the sentiment piece with the side of a colored pencil to make it match the pink stripe in the background paper. This card went to another online friend.

And there you have it...

No comments:

Post a Comment