Sunday, July 26, 2009

With Sympathy


My sweetheart's Aunt Rose passed away a little over a week ago. She was a much-loved mother figure in my husband's life. She was predeceased by her husband, Tim's Uncle Jim, and leaves behind 3 daughters, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, as well as nieces and nephews who mourn her passing (my apologies to any other family members who may see this and who didn't get mentioned).

We weren't able to attend her funeral but we did send a card. I started with a piece of the light green parchment-looking cardstock for my base, added pieces of those blue/green prints I've been using a lot of lately (all this from scraps out of my scrap bag), and used a Dover clipart painting print in the center. The sentiment tag was printed on the computer and torn to size. All the edges were inked and I lightly sponged distress ink over the papers and print. And there you have it...

No comments:

Post a Comment