Sunday, July 26, 2009

Two Birthdays & A Thinking of You

This card pleases me very much! I'm just really liking this color combination lately for some reason. Anyway, this card started with a light green cardstock, actually a parchment-look, if I remember correctly. I used two prints from my DCWV paper stack for the background, tearing the one on top and inking the torn edge. The graphic comes from a clip-art set I bought from pccrafter.com; I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment in the center. The graphic is mounted on pink cardstock, then on blue, and lastly green, tilting the bottom two layers. I added 3 buttons and 1 flower brads along the torn edge. And I inked the edges of the card, a technique I am liking a lot lately also. I find the small inkpads work really well for this, using a corner of the pad and drawing it across the edge I'm inking.

This card was another quick and easy card to make, winging its way to an online friend overseas. I started with a white cardstock base, covered the front with a piece of scrapbooking paper (another corner of the same paper I used on Venetta's You're Special card a couple posts back) from DCWV. Then I added 4 dimensional flower stickers and a blue sentiment tag. The sentiment is stamped. It just doesn't get any easier than that! And I finally used some of those lovely stickers I have in my sticker file box.


This birthday card was for my sweetheart Tim. Why is it that cards you make for the person you love the most never seem to turn out quite the way you wanted? He liked it, though, so I guess that's what matters most. Again, I used the blues and greens that have been a favorite lately, mounting them on a green cardstock base, over a layer of darker green cardstock. I tore the edge of the top paper and inked it. Then I stamped the Happy Birthday design on in brown and a second time with green. The two stampings didn't line up as closely as I had wanted, though, so it looks kind of blurry. I went over the Happy Birthday letters with a gel pen. I added some brads to the design and a small gold heart brad to the lower right-hand corner of the card, inking the edges of the card. And there you have it...

No comments:

Post a Comment