Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Hello Card



This cheery card for an online friend starts with blue cardstock. Then I added a layer of bright dotted paper from one of those Stacks by DCWV. The purple cardstock rectangle was punched with that lattice punch and a piece of flowered & dotted paper, another DCWV piece from that Stack, was inserted into the punched corners. I added yellow flower brads on 3 of the corners. There's a pink dotted strip attached diagonally, a scrap from my bag of paper scraps. Lastly there's another smaller rectangle of the blue cardstock with a white piece on top of that, stamped with the Hello sentiment (one of those dollar stamps from Michaels) and a flower from another stamp set, popped with foam tape. I colored the flower with Sharpie markers and I added two sparkly hair pins as an underliner. In fact, it was a challenge to myself to use the hair pins (aka bobby pins) that pulled this card together. I picked a bunch of hair pins up at a liquidator store by us, thinking they'd make a neat embellishment on cards, then stashed them away. It was time to challenge myself to use them on a card. I like the way they look, too, so expect to use them again; after all, I have quite a few of them, in two different sizes and in different colors. And there you have it....

No comments:

Post a Comment