Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thinking of You card (RAK)


This simple card is a Thinking of You card, done in gate-fold style. I started with a base of this lovely light teal textured cardstock, cut to 12" X 6 5/8", purchased in a multi-pack tablet from WalMart. I folded the two front sections so that the card would still be 5" wide. Then I stamped a floral design from the Inkadinkado set Doodle Flowers onto a left-over piece of white cardstock. (Keep ALL those scraps! I keep mine sorted into gallon size zipper bags by color families. They come in VERY handy when you only need a small piece.) I colored the design with Sharpie markers and RoseArt pencil colors. Then I heat embossed the center of the design, using a Versamark pen and Holographic embossing powder, to add a little sparkly interest. I mounted the floral design on a scrap of Deep Terrific Teal ColorMates cardstock from World Win. I adhered this to the left front of the card in an off-kilter manner. I stamped a simple sentiment inside the card, using a Thinking of You wood-mounted rubber stamp that I have. This was a really quick card to make, simple, but still attractive, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment