Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Birthday Card for Son-in-Law Brent


This card went to my son-in-law Brent, married to my oldest daughter, Venetta. He's a committed Christian, a very hard-working man, a good provider and a good husband.

To make his card, I started with a white cardstock base, then covered the front with Dark Creamy Cocoa ColorMates cardstock from World Win. The circle pattern background paper is from ScrapbookScrapbook.com. The rectangular feature on the left is a stamped scripture, done on white cardstock, then sponged with distress ink, and layered with Dark Creamy Cocoa and Deep Creamy Cocoa ColorMates cardstock. To the right, I stamped two flourishes using a stamp from the Autumn Leaves Flourishes v2 clear acrylic stamp set. I used a sparkly gel pen to go over the stamped flourishes. To complete the card, I added three dark brown eyelets in the top right corner.

1 comment:

  1. what a great card Justa! I'm sure your son inlaw will love it
    hugs, Valerie
    www.cardsbyval.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete