Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Another Hinged Card





This is my second hinged card. I made this for the birthday of one of the gals in the cardmaking group I belong to, Crazy Card Makers. Red isn't one of my favorite colors, but I wanted to use the floral paper on the bottom so it seemed to come together that way; actually, it's more of a deep red orange than a true red. I wanted the card to be bright, bold, and cheerful; I think I succeeded.

I started with a white cardstock base. The paper on the bottom section is giftwrap paper that I bought at a local discount store; you might be able to find this design at Dollar Tree, too, I can't remember. I know I paid no more than $1.49 for a whole big roll of this paper, so it'll probably show up on a lot more cards. Unfortunately, it isn't a very heavy-weight paper so it needs to be backed with something to give it "body." On the top edge of this paper, I attached a strip of white cardstock that I border punched with my Martha Stewart lattice punch. I ran a strip of 1/4" silk ribbon across this white strip. The top section uses the same striped scrapbooking paper that I used on my first hinged card. It's a DCWV design. I don't have much of the original 12" x 12" sheet left now, so hope I run across it again. I didn't see it at JoAnn's Fabrics & Crafts when I was there today (more about that in another post). I may have picked it up at Michael's or at the florist shop in the town near us that has a small scrapbooking department. I like the colors in that striped design so will definitely want to get more of it. For my focal point on the top, I cut a circle from Deep Graceful Geranium ColorMates cardstock from World Win. To that, I adhered a stamped and heat-embossed scalloped circle; the stamp comes from Inkadinkado's Round Frames clear stamp set. I colored in the center of the design with a Crayola pencil color. The flower is a stamped design from the Autumn Leaves clear stamp set Mindy's Flowers by Mindy Terasawa. I colored it with Crayola pencil colors and attached it with foam tape to the center of the stamped circle. I added a red silk ribbon bow to the front and used a silver brad. On the inside, I used a stamp from the Stampendous clear set, Two You, again colored in with Crayola pencil colors.

And there you have it...Now to make another--and another--and another...I like this design!

No comments:

Post a Comment