Friday, June 5, 2009

My Trip Today to JoAnn's

Today I got to take my 3 yr old granddaughter Kaylina shopping with me. Our first stop was JoAnn's Fabrics & Crafts. In an email from them, I knew that they had all of their punches on sale this week at 30% off, as well as sales on papers and lots of other papercrafting fun stuff. I got an unemployment check yesterday, my first one, so had a little extra money and decided to GO FOR IT. I picked up three Fiskars punches, their circle Vine & Dandy punch, their Heritage 3-in-1 corner punch, and their 2" scalloped square squeeze punch. The only thing that I've come to realize about square punches is that no one measures them from side to side, like I think a square should be measured. They basically measure them from corner to corner, as they fit inside of a circle. I was quite disappointed on my last shopping trip to find out that the Martha Stewart 1" scalloped square punch I bought results in a square that is only 7/8" from side to side. Today I measured the die on the punch to make sure of what I was getting, regardless of how the manufacturer measures the square opening. I don't know about you, but when I was learning math in school, circles were always measured in diameter, but squares were measured by the length of the sides. Just one of those little annoyances that I guess I have to live with. Sort of like the way they measure the size of your television or computer screen, from corner to corner; it doesn't make any sense to me at all to do it that way when you're talking about squares or rectangles. Enough about that, huh?

Besides the punches, I picked up a Fun In The Sun Summer Stack of 180 sheets of 12" x 12" cardstock for $9.99; what a deal! I got some single 12" x 12" sheets of scrapbooking paper, two packs of the 8 1/2" x 11" colored value packs of cardstock (50 sheets for $3.99), a black pigment ink pad (hope this one is nice & juicy), and a bunch of stuff out of their $1 bins: glitter pens, ribbons, chalks, and pigment ink pads.

Later, after my sweetheart and I dropped off our granddaughter at her home, we stopped at a little cheese emporium near her home where there's a corner of scrapbooking stuff. I got three new packs of brads and a 12" x 12" sheet of scrapbooking paper there.

All in all, it was a profitable day where adding to my cardmaking supplies go. It's probably a good thing, though, that I can't afford to do this frequently. And now to get back to cardmaking...

No comments:

Post a Comment