Sunday, June 7, 2009

Purple Birthday Card For Stepdaughter Paige

My stepdaughter Paige loves the color purple. So does my daughter Lois. It's always a challenge to make purple-themed cards for them. I liked the way this one turned out and hope Paige liked it at well. Her birthday is today.

To make Paige's card, I started with a purple cardstock base, just a generic piece of cardstock. Then I added a layer of digital paper from ScrapbookScrapbook.com (kind of like that crimped look a lot). The rectangular focal point has three different scrapbooking papers on it. The light lavendar floral is Forget-Me-Not Daisies from Doodlebug Designs. I only have scraps left of the other two prints, the paisley and the stripe, so I can't tell you whose designs they are. I added a bit of dotted ribbon to the lower portion of the rectangle, trimmed the corners with a corner punch, added two purple silk flowers with a white brad center, and stamped Happy Birthday along the edge of the card with white ink. I had to go over it with a silver gel pen, though, as the ink didn't show up as nice as I wanted it to.

And there you have it...

No comments:

Post a Comment