Sunday, June 7, 2009

One More Birthday Card From Last Week


I made this card for a gal in one of the online groups I belong to whose favorite color is purple and favorite flowers are roses of any color. Unfortunately, she hasn't received this card because I couldn't confirm her mailing address, so I still have it and will send it to someone else.

I started with a speckled white cardstock for this card, one of those sheets that I got at Office Depot's store closing clearance sale. I added a layer of purple scrapbooking paper, designer unknown. Then I made a rectangle from a scrap of the same digital purple crimped paper I used on Paige's card, topped with a rectangle of that lovely floral giftwrap paper that I used on my 2nd hinged card. I tied a piece of raffia ribbon around this. The ribbon had arrived on a giftbag at some time and ended up in my stash of stuff. To complete, I stamped Happy Birthday along the side, using a clear stamp from the Happy Birthday set made by So Close To My Heart. Sentiment stamps are a great value! Unfortunately, I didn't do the greatest job of stamping and got too much ink on the B in Birthday, but it'll pass. It's a good thing I've learned to live with imperfection.

And there you have it....

No comments:

Post a Comment