Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thinking of You card for Friend


Yesterday was a busy cardmaking day. I got 4 cards finished! This is the first one.

To make this card, I started with a 12" x 6 5/8" strip of light blue textured cardstock from Colorbok, purchased at WalMart. This is a tri-fold card, with the right flap being folded at 4" and the left flap being folded at 3", leaving a card width of 5". I cut half of an oval out of the left flap, to make a "frame" for the oval motif I put on the right flap. The solid blue on both flaps is cardstock from one of those value paks you can buy at Michaels or Jo-Anns. The colored stripe is another bit of the sheet from DCWV; there's not much left of it now. The floral design with the bluebirds is from giftwrap paper that I've had in my stash for over 20 years. To complete the look, I added three floral eyelets on the left flap. Unfortunately, the paint chipped off on the purple one, which I tried to fill in with a Sharpie marker, but it didn't quite cover.

And there you have it....

2 comments:

  1. too cute, love the little blue birds!
    hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Valerie!
    Love in our Messiah,
    Cindy in Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete